Defame –verb (used with object),-famed, -fam·ing. 1. to attack the good name or reputation of, as by uttering or publishing maliciously or falsely anything injurious; slander or libel; calumniate: The newspaper editorial defamed the politician. 2. Archaic. to disgrace; bring dishonor upon. 3. Archaic. to accuse.
Libel –noun 1. Law. a. defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures. b. the act or crime of publishing it. c. a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge. 2. anything that is defamatory or that maliciously or damagingly misrepresents.
As far as I had paid much attention from Media Law at school, we had been defamed. Tell me if it's fair for someone to be so heartless and typed those words down for the public to see.? A libel was published for the public to see. You know, you know you could reach us but you chose a negative way to express your anger/disappointment. In my term, it's called confrontation. I'm waiting. If you're not happy with something I posted on my blog which I hadn't used to defame you, then talk to me. Somehow, find me. My blog should be a tool for me to express and I used it well. Even I feel foolish for replying to such comment this way because I am now being childish, just like what you did awhile ago at your own space. If I did not mention any names or even hints that might trigger my readers' minds to whom I was writing about, how is it fair for you to drag somebody else and mention who and who on public's domain.? How fair is that to put someone down like that when none of us deserve those kinds of attention. The way I blog, none knew who I was referring to. If they happened to be a passerby, all they could think of was me bitching about someone; girl friend, foe, neighbour. But you, clearly and willingly typed out those words, and you knew we would see it. However, you failed to see that not only us, but the whole bunch of users could read it as well and all they would do was to tell us about it. I don't blame anyone for writing such things because I myself wrote things. If I had to, I would apologize but like I said, I wouldn't mention things if others did not initiate it. In fact, I said quite a few paragraphs that I did not even mention an identity. I just don't favour people writing stuffs that could or would tarnished someone's reputation. That's not being a human being.
If you're really a good person, solve it the nice way. I could give you 101 reasons why I was upset about your blog post. Don't assume to what I had came up with. In fact, read between the lines, reflect on what you did to trigger things.
Once again, I hope this post could open readers' minds about defaming others online. I had enough of this shit. Feel guilty if you must for writing like that. Everyone should know who you were referring to since it was clearly stated. On my part, I forgive. I don't know about the other person you embarrassed. If you don't have the slightest guilt, then there should be something wrong there.
"Smile at those who gave you shame. They'll eventually learn."
|
The Other Me


|